How do we practice hopeful contentedness while we wait?
1. Be in the right relationship with the Lord because it is through Him where you will find your fulfillment. Meditate on Psalm 37:4: “Delight in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart.”
2. Find contentment where God has you at this moment even though you might want things to move ahead.
3. Stay busy about God’s current plans for your life because this keeps you from thinking about what you don’t have.
4. Keep your focus on seeking God's will for you and doing your part each day.
5. Work at being thankful for your current position of singleness.
6. Remind yourself that where you are now in life is God’s best plan for you.
7. Act in faith that God has someone for you even if He has not yet led you to that person because this frame of mind will help you to remain hopeful.
If you are already content, how does being hopeful come into play?
- Focus on your purpose, and be hopeful about God’s future plans, having faith that good gifts are coming. Let Matthew 7:11 sink into your heart: "So if you sinful people know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your heavenly Father give good gifts to those who ask Him?"
- Remember that God’s love for you makes you lovable and there’s a purpose in everything that happens, even the painful and lonely times.
- Love from the inside out. When we accept that God loves us, we send this positive message out to others. People are attracted to this, and God can use this attraction to form the relationship He has for you.
While waiting for the fulfillment of God’s plans in your life, build brick by brick on the cornerstone of Christ. Build a foundation on God, the rock, and be confident that everything you go through is His will. When He is your shepherd, you won’t desire bad things and won’t want unhealthy relationships. You will want to make the most of where you are in life even to the point that if He withholds someone from your life, you will trust it as God’s will and accept the situation.When you follow God’s design for your life, He WILL take care of you!!!