Being a busy single mom who's running around trying to unpack boxes (still!), hang curtains, mow lawns, and manage to work full time, I am taking advantage of my crock pot a lot more. I found several breakfast casseroles online that were all about the same and modified the recipe to create a healthy version.
|Now that we live in the country, we buy fresh eggs!|
(with a Kick!)
- 1 dozen eggs
- 1 cup cup nonfat milk
- 1 package (32 oz) hash browns
- 1 lb turkey bacon, cut into pieces
- 1/2 cup green onions
- 1 green, red, or yellow pepper, diced
- 1/2 lb reduced-fat jalapeno jack cheese, shredded or cut in pieces
- salt and pepper to taste
3. Pour over entire mixture.
4. Cook with crock pot on low for 10 hours until eggs set and are thoroughly cooked.
Note: I halved the recipe and cooked it on low for 5 hours instead (since I am only cooking for 2). The casserole lasted for several days on a week I was particularly busy! By the way, it's the jalapeno jack cheese that gives it a kick, if you didn't guess.
What are your favorite crock pot recipes?
Linking up to:
Creative Mondays @ http://judyh-jsthoughts.blogspot.com/
Tasty Tuesdays @ http://beautyandbedlam.com/